Digging Deeper Comment by Margaret

Remember when Margaret talked about the neutered rams as "tame lawn mowers"?  Margaret writes this in the margin of the study guide and I found it to be pretty interesting and wanted to share with you:

"For the sheep that always wanders off----and leads other sheep astray in the process----a shepherd may resort to breaking a leg of the sheep.  Then the shepherd would hand feed the sheep and carry it until the bone mended, hopefully curing it of its desire to wander."

Ouch - I'm remembering times in my own life that maybe He had to break my leg to get my attention.

hugs,

Iris

Comments

I think it's a great way to appreciate discipline in humans. I'm so thankful, all the time, my parents taught me and expected me to behave. At the time it was painful and not fun to be chastised, but it got my attention and has made me (hopefully) a more respectful adult and member of society.
Brenda Sorrells said…
In the Ruth class this week, we pondered the question of discipline today. I believe the Bible does speak to that. It is an indication of God's love according to Hebrews 12. I don't like it and don't even like to think about it, but hopefully am also grateful for that level of God's love for me. It always feels better on the other side than it does in the middle.
Unknown said…
Feeling a little sheepish? Check this link out and have a chuckle:) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8DFwb3zlDk
Brenda Sorrells said…
Oh my goodness - I only wish I could do that!!!
Unknown said…
Oh Brenda - You know that's you in the middle!!! Twinkletoes :)

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1