Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

A new beginning - how many times have I asked God for a new beginning?  What will I do with this new year?  Will I set goals, make plans to do things I've put off doing in years past?  How can I be sure I'll follow through this year?

I've decided to make this year different.  Oh, sure, I'll continue to set goals and make plans, but this year, I want to be more intentional about making the most of each day the Lord gives me.  With God's help, I want to live in today.

Today, I resolve to live, really live, whether I have it all together or not.  Today, I resolve to see the value in each day and not wish it away - or worse, waste it.  Today, I resolve to submit to God and what He has planned for me.  No more putting things off till tomorrow.  No more excuses  The time is now.  Today.  A new beginning.

So, let's get started.  Faith Words.  Select a scripture. Write it down in an index card spiral or a notebook.  Submit it as a comment to this blog.  Nothing extra.  Just your name, where the verse is found, the translation, and the verse itself.  Then, hold onto your verse, committing it to memory, so it's there when you need it, no matter what.  Ready?  Here's mine:

Patrice McKinney

Psalm 118:24 (NASB)

This is the day which the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Comments

Shannon Augesen said…
Shannon Augesen. Psalm 40:1-3 (NIV) "I waited patiently for the LORD, he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God."
Anonymous said…
Kathy Brookings
Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Anonymous said…
Pam Hicks Hebrews 12: 1-2 (NIV) " Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."
Brenda Sorrells said…
Ephesians 2:4-5 (NIV)
But because of his great love for us, God who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions - it is by grace you have been saved.
Anonymous said…
Penny
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future.
Kim OConnor said…
Nehemiah 8:10b (NIV)
This day is sacred to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.
Anonymous said…
Sue Luft
Jeremiah 29:12-14a

"Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. And I will be found by you," declares the Lord.
Anonymous said…
Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips.
Ps 141:3 ASB

Mary Lou Vorheis
shari horne said…
Shari Horne Romans 12:12 NIV
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."
Karen W said…
Karen Work Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV) - "The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."
mandy said…
The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride. Ecclesiastes 7:7
Mandy Grigsby said…
The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride.
(NIV)Ecclesiastes 7:7
tala1947 said…
Romans 6:23 (NIV 1984)
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Carol Rea said…
Carol Rea Ephesians 3:20(NIV)
Now to him who is able to do
immeasurably more than all we
ask or imagine, according to his
power that is at work within us.
Sheree Denny said…
NIV Phil 4:13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Anonymous said…
Twyla Doty
All things are permissible, but not all things are helpful. All things are permissible but not all things are constructive. 1 Corinthians 10:23.
Kim OConnor said…
Micah 6:8 NLT
No, O people, the LORD has told you what
is good, and this is what He requires of you:
to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk
humbly with your God.
  

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1