Faith Words: I pledge allegiance...

A couple of weeks ago, we celebrated America's Independence Day and all that means to us.  As Americans, we feel a certain unique loyalty to our country and a feeling of pride at being Americans.  As an American, I see our flag as a thing of beauty and I proudly stand with my hand over my heart and pledge my allegiance to that flag and what it represents.  I thank God that I am an American and I'm grateful for all the rights and privileges that come with that title.

While being an American is a good thing, I need to remember that through Christ, as a child of God, my allegiance is first to my Lord and Savior.  No matter what nation I live in on this earth, I am a citizen of a heavenly nation that transcends borders and time.  I have been called to love the Lord my God with all my heart, all my soul, all my strength and to love my neighbor as myself.

So no matter what becomes of America - or any other nation for that matter - I want to learn God's way and walk in His paths.  Rights and privileges?  It is my right to choose God's way.  It is my privilege to walk in His paths.  That's what I call freedom.

Patrice

Micah 4:5  (NIV)

All the nations may walk in the name of their gods;
we will walk in the name of the Lord our God for ever and ever.

Comments

Sheree Denny said…
2 Sam. 22:29 NIV

You are my lamp, O Lord, The Lord turns my darkness into light.
Shannon Augesen said…
1 Corinthians 8:9 NIV
Be careful, however, that the exercise of your freedom does not become a stumbling block to the weak.
Mary Lou Vorheis said…
Phil 4:6,7 ASB
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Kim OConnor said…
Psalm 19:14 NLT
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Carol Rea said…
Phil.2:13
for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1