Faith Words: Let Your Light Shine

In the past two week, four treasured ladies have passed from this life into the next:  Margaret Poulter, Jane Blackwell, Alice Odle, and Marguerite Goudeau.  These ladies died gracefully in Christ but what's more important is how they lived.

Each of them lived her life as a beautiful example of the transformational love of Christ.  As they walked through this life, they chose to order their steps according to the Word of God.  Wisdom, grace, love, joy - these are the riches they possessed and more.

Did they live easy, carefree lives without trouble or pain? No, each of them had struggles and suffered pain and loss. But the way they overcame gave glory to God because each of them let Him help her through it all.

What is their legacy to me?  Their deaths?  No, it's their lives that speak to me.  Their lives encourage and challenge me to choose God's way because their lives tell me that God's way works, that it's the best way - a way of victory and triumph.  Because they lived their lives God's way, they live on.  They live on in the way they loved their husbands and their families.  They live on in the way they served the Lord and His family.  They live on in Christ.

What will people remember about me?  I hope that when people think of me they will remember a life that was transformed by the love of Christ, lived in such a way as to bring praise and glory to God.

Dear Father, thank you for putting these ladies in my life, for letting me see their examples of godliness and love.  Help me to follow them as they followed You through the glorious grace You've given us through Jesus Christ.

Amen.

Patrice

Matthew 5:15  (NIV)

In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

Comments

Sheree Denny said…
Psm 139:23-24 NIV

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Brenda Sorrells said…
Brenda Sorrells
Psalm 62:5-6
Find rest O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, He is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
Carol Rea said…
Exodus 33:13 NIV

If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you.
Tajuana Speir said…
Isaiah 43:2 NIV

When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you
ablaze.
Kim OConnor said…
Psalm 139:16 NIV
...all the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1