Faith Words: It's time!

It's time to go.  Monday is the big day and we will leave today so we'll be there in plenty of time to be ready for Monday.  We had thought we'd have more time, but no, it's all set for Monday.

I've known the day would come eventually.  And I've even been making vague preparations along the way.  But suddenly, the day is here and I'm not ready.  I have a lot of details taken care of:  clothing, supplies.  But I'm not through getting ready for my departure.

I don't know if you're like me, but when I'm going somewhere, I like to leave everything in place at home - just in case.  There are always things left undone:  closets to be cleaned out, drawers to be sorted, filing to be done.  But I really try to take care of what I think is important, what no one else would know about, those responsibilities that are mine and mine alone.  This time, though, I keep thinking I'm forgetting something.  And it woke me up.

Laundry.  Yikes!  I forgot to wash those towels.  Will they dry in time?  Mail.  Don't forget to mail the payments.  Does John know all the passwords?  Pack.  Remember to pack everything.  It's ok.  There's always a Walmart nearby, if I forgot something.  What else?  What is it that I can't remember?

Some dear friends came by last night and prayed over me - a part of my trip preparations that only they could do.  They covered me with love and asked our Father to surround me with His protection.  I'm so blessed by these wonderful people.

My mom called.  Momma called but she spoke for Daddy, too.  My sister called.  My brother called.  All of them reassuring me that everything would be all right, telling me how much they love me and asking if there was anything they could do for me.

In all the rush to get ready, have I remembered to say "I love you" to my family and friends?  Do they know how precious they are to me?  Do they know that I believe that God put them in my life for days like Monday as well as for everyday?  I don't want to leave that undone.  No one else knows how I feel.  It's my responsibility to tell them and mine alone.

Well, it's time to go.  I think I'm ready, but ready or not, it's time to go.  God has been there in my planning and packing.  He'll be there in my forgetfulness and take care of that, too.

Dear family and friends, I love you.  See you when I get home.

Patrice

Acts 20:32 (NCV)

Now I am putting you in the care of God and the message about His grace.  It is able to give you strength, and it will give you the blessings God has for all His holy people.

Comments

Sheree Denny said…
Proverbs 19:21 NIV

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.
Tajuana Speir said…
The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never
leave you nor forsake you.
Do not be afraid; do not be
discouraged.

Deuteronomy 31:8 (NIV)
Tajuana Speir said…

Take delight in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires
of your heart.

Psalm 37:4 (NIV)
Kim OConnor said…
Hebrews 10:36 NLT

Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God's will. Then you will receive all that He has promised.
Carol Rea said…
Ephesians 1:18 NIV

I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance of the saints,

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: Change

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Questions to Ponder Week #1