Faith Words: Reflecting God's Glory

I had shoulder surgery just about two weeks ago.  Back in March, I fell and really messed up my shoulder.  It turns out that I'd also damaged it sometime in the past but didn't realize the extent of the previous damage until now. Injury upon injury.  The shoulder can only take so much before it finally can no longer function as a shoulder should.  I'd pushed mine to the limit and needed surgery to get it back in shape again.

All is going well.  I'll see the doctor Tuesday for a check-up and to get instructions for living for the next month.  I will recover but slowly and with a lot of hard work.  Surprisingly, I haven't had as much pain as I thought I would but I expect to make up for that in physical therapy.

This experience has been a blessing to me.  Oh, I get more than a little frustrated with my limitations.  The sling is annoying, but necessary.  Finding clothes that I can put on has been very challenging.  My hair is - well, let's don't go there.  I'll be doing things differently, getting a new perspective on how I live my life.  For a while at least, I'll be living at a slower pace.  

But I'm so blessed!  I have a loving husband whose patience is being challenged and increased daily.  I have family who have opened up their home to us so we can be closer to the doctor.  And I have friends - dear friends who have tried to anticipate my every need, who have encouraged me at every step with prayers, visits & messages, who know I'm not done yet and are making plans to step in and do what they can to help me when I get home.  What would I do without them?

It's clear to me that each of them is an angel from God sent to minister to me, to show God's love to me.  I watch what God is doing through them and am amazed that He would care so much for me.  But then I realize that it's not about me. 

What these dear people are doing is an expression of their love for the Father.  This unselfish, generous, servant way of living is their response, their offering to God because of the great love He has shown them.  They live their lives with eyes wide-opened looking for ways to serve their King. They give back to God with abandon and exuberance.  Joy, concern, thoughtfulness, kindness, love - each characteristic describes a facet in the rare jewel that God is crafting their lives to be, a jewel that sparkles with the reflected glory of God.  

Oh, the beauty of the family of God!

Blessed & humbled.

Patrice

Roman 12:10-11 (NIV)

Be devoted to one another in love.  Honor one another above yourselves.  Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.

Comments

Sheree Denny said…
Numbers 6:24-26 NIV

"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."
Carol Rea said…
Ephesians 1:19-20 NIV

And his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms.
Tajuana Speir said…
John 8:36 NIV

"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."
Shelby Speir said…
Psalm 125:1

Those who trust in the Lord are as Mount Zion, which cant be moved, but remains forever.
Kim OConnor said…
1 Chronicles 29:13 NLT

O our God, we thank You and praise Your glorious name!

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: Change

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Questions to Ponder Week #1