Faith Words: And So It Begins - Again!

A clean slate.  I hope I do better this year.  I hope I will prove to be a better steward of all of God's blessings in 2014 than I have ever been.

I invite you to join me on this journey.  There is no trip fee, no fare - just a shared desire to memorize passages from God's word, to spend more time getting to know Him, letting His word make an impression on our lives.

If you've been on board in the past, you know what a challenge lies ahead and what joy!  If you haven't either attempted this memorization venture before or if you've begun and stopped for whatever reason, today is a good time to decide to give it a try in 2014.

The basics:  I'll write a new post on this blog on or about the 1st and 15th of each month.  I'll include at the end of each blog my memory verse for that two-week period.  You respond with a comment to my post that contains just your first name and the verse you've chosen for that same two-week period.  Please include the version and location of the verse.  About a year from now, we'll come together to celebrate the completion of our year's journey and we'll share our verses with each other by quoting them aloud. The goal:  post 24 verses during the year (one for the 1st and one for the 15th of each month) and memorize them. When we get together for our celebration, be prepared to quote at least 10 of the 24 verses.

If you think this is too much for you, then I encourage you to do what you can.  If that means memorizing one verse in 2014, then memorize one verse.  If that means memorizing 12 verses in 2014, then memorize 12 verses.

As a bonus, I also encourage you to read the Bible through during 2014.  You might read daily or weekly.  You might read from Genesis to Revelation just the way the books are printed in your Bible.  You might follow a Bible reading plan that selects a passage from the Old Testament, a passage from the New Testament, a passage from Psalms and a passage from Proverbs.  There are many varieties of Bible reading plans.  Select one that seems to fit you and begin today.

There is no condemnation here about where you start and where you end up.  Just give it a try.  You just might surprise yourself.

Please bless us all on our journey to come to know more about You and more of You, dear Father.

Blessings!

Patrice

John 1:1-2 (NIV)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.

Comments

Sheree Denny said…
Ecclesiastes 9:17 NIV

The quiet words of the wise are more to be heeded than the shouts of a ruler of fools.
Carol Rea said…
Luke 9:23 NIV

Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.
Tajuana Speir said…
Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope
and a future.
Kim OConnor said…
Psalm 20:4 HCSB

May He give you what your heart desires and fulfill your whole purpose.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1