Faith Words: Saying Goodbye


This weekend, our kids who've lived here in Midland for the past 9 years are moving away.  Worse yet, they're taking two of our grandchildren with them.  We're excited for them but oh, how we'll miss them!

How do you say goodbye?  Over the years, we've spent many hours together just doing life - eating, talking, watching the little ones grow.  It's time for the next phase of their lives but I'm not ready.  There was so much more I'd intended to say and do with them.  I know I'll see them again and get to visit them in their new home and have them come back to our house now and then.  But it won't be the same.

As much as I hate saying goodbye and watching them leave, I dream of all the wonderful things that lie before them.  Their lives and experiences will expand in new and exciting ways.  They'll have to grow and develop new habits and relationships.  What an adventure to be on with those you love most!

I pray for them the blessing the Lord God told Moses that Aaron and his sons should use to bless the Israelites.  It's found in Numbers 6:24-26.  But look at verse 27:  "So they will put My Name on the Israelites, and I will bless them." Isn't that beautiful?  What better going away gift could I give my son and his family than to put the Lord's Name on them so the Lord will bless them?

Saying goodbye isn't easy but knowing they're going with God brings me peace.

Blessings!

Patrice

Numbers 6:24-26  (NIV)

The Lord bless you
          and keep you;
the Lord make His Face shine upon you
          and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn His Face toward you
          and give you peace.

Comments

Sheree Denny said…
Psalm 100:1-2 NIV

Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.
Tajuana Speir said…
Proverbs 4:23
Life Application Study Bible

Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.
Carol Rea said…
Ephesians 5:10 NIV

and find out what pleases the Lord.
Kim OConnor said…
Isaiah 43:19 NLT

For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1