Faith Words: In-Between Times


We're a little over halfway through summer.  It's hot and dry. Fall isn't nearly close enough.  And with school starting soon, it doesn't really feel like summer either.  It's just kind of the in-between time of the year.

Sometimes, life feels like that, too. I'm no longer young but I don't think of myself as old yet.  I'm just waiting...for what, I'm not quite sure, but the feeling that I'm waiting is so real.  And with it comes a restlessness to get started on whatever is next.  It's just kind of the in-between time of my life.

I hope that this season doesn't lull me into complacency.  I don't want to waste this time.   I hope, instead, that this season spurs me on to the very best part of life yet.

So while I'm waiting, I'm taking stock of where I've been, where I am, where I'm going - making an effort to lay it out before God and ask for His blessing and direction.  I know He has something special in store.  I'm starting to get excited about what He has planned for me, what lies ahead. He'll reveal it in His perfect timing.  So I'm waiting in between faith and sight.

Waiting,

Patrice

Hebrews 11:1  (NIV)

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Comments

Sheree Denny said…
Ephesians 3:16 NIV

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being.
Carol Rea said…
Isaiah 58:9-10 NIV

Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here I am. "If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk, and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday.
Tajuana Speir said…
John 3:30 NIV

He must become greater; I must
become less.
Kim OConnor said…
Psalm 139:7-8 NIV

Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Where can I flee from Your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, You are there.
If I make my bed in the depths, You are there.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1