Faith Words: Silence


I actually started writing this post on March 1st.  But the words just wouldn't come.  So I paused, stepped back and waited.  Still nothing.  This blog doesn't exist as a forum for my thoughts.  I only want to write what God has put on my heart - to encourage you to read, to meditate on and memorize His Word.  No shallow ramblings, if possible, we all have more important things to do with our time.

So why am I writing now?  I think I finally heard it.

Silence.

I'm not a big fan of silence.  It can make me uncomfortable.  When others are around, let's keep the conversation going.  When alone, turn on the TV or radio or music - something anything to fill the silence.  But sometimes, I just need to let the silence speak.

God speaks today in lots of ways.  I'm convinced He loudest speaks in times of silence.  What a shame that I rarely listen!

Maybe - just maybe - if I let the silence develop a little - maybe then peace and calm might have a chance to envelop me.  Maybe - just maybe - if I shut off the noise of my own voice - maybe then I'l hear His more clearly.

Shhh! Do you hear that?

Silence, blessed silence.

Patrice

Habakkuk 2:20  (NIV)

But the LORD is in His holy temple;
   let all the earth be silent before Him.


Comments

Sheree Denny said…
Psalm 127:4 NIV

Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth.
Carol Rea said…
Psalm 34:17 NIV

The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.
"O that you would be completely silent, And that it would become your wisdom! Job 13:5
Tajuana Speir said…
Proverbs 24:10 NIV

If you falter in a time of trouble, how small is your strength.
Unknown said…
Job 4:8 NLT

My experience shows that those who plant trouble and cultivate evil will harvest the same.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1