Faith Words: Coming & Going


I received the call I never wanted to get but always knew would come one day.  My dad is being placed in hospice care and won't live much longer.

He'd be 92 this coming June 12th.  Oh, what he's seen and done in his life!  Raised on a farm, served in World War II in Europe, brought up his own family, was a deacon and then an elder in our home congregation, worked in England, Wyoming, St Croix USVI, Venezuela, established a little Christian congregation in Belmopan, Belize.  But to me, he's Daddy.  Sweet smile, unending patience, deep love for Mom, faithful servant of God.

His influence on me has kept me going when I didn't want to, encouraged me to "do better" as he prayed each day. He studied the Bible with seekers from every walk of life. He visited the sick and those in prison.  He tried to please the Lord in all he did.

Now it's time for him to go home.  The Lord has watched over him this far and won't forsake him now.  Even after death, the Lord will keep watch over him.

Goodbye, Daddy.  I love you.

Patrice

Psalm 121:8 (NIV)

The LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

Comments

Sheree Denny said…
Zechariah 2:13 NIV

Be still before the Lord, all mankind, because he has roused himself from his holy dwelling.
Carol Rea said…
Psalm 63:8 NIV

I cling to you; Your right hand upholds me.
Tajuana Speir said…
Isaiah 49:16a NIV

See, I have engraved you on the psalms of my hands:
Kim OConnor said…
Isaiah 40:11 NLT

He will feed His flock like a shepherd. He will carry the lambs in His arms, holding them close to His heart.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1