Faith Words: Spring


I think Spring may actually be here.  The pecan trees and mesquites are budding - usually the last ones, holding back, skeptical that warm weather is here to stay and no late frost will surprise them.

Sometimes I think I'm as distrusting and skeptical as the pecan trees.  I look around and wonder if things will continue to deteriorate, if things will get much worse before they get better.  I should be more like the tulips and daffodils who push their tender shoots through the cold, hard ground long before winter is over, displaying their beautiful blooms as a sign of hope and better, warmer days ahead.

But just as the warmer weather gives me cause to hope, so our Lord reminds me that He is still in charge and will triumph.  He hasn't forgotten us.  He has beautiful plans to make Himself known.

We believers see Him in nature - the rising sun, the changing seasons.  We see Him by faith in His Word and each other.  We know He is sovereign.

His goodness towards us pushed into our hearts while we were still hopeless in our sin.  He warmed us with the Light of His Son so we could display His love as a sign of hope and better things to come.  And some day, when the time is right, everyone will recognize Him and bow before Him.

Till then, it is our joy to witness to His goodness and faithfulness, having the assurance that He is King of kings and Lord of lords and that He is working out His will for good.

Makes me feel warm all over.

Patrice

Isaiah 61:11 (NIV)

For as the soil makes the sprout come up
     and a garden causes seeds to grow,
so the Sovereign LORD will make righteousness
     and praise spring up before all nations.

Comments

Sheree Denny said…
2 Cor 10:5 NIV

We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
Carol Rea said…
Psalm 25:20 NIV

Guard my life and rescue me; do not let me be put to shame, for I take refuge in you.
Tajuana Speir said…
Isaiah 58:9 NIV

Then you will call, and the Lord
will answer; you will cry for help, and He will say: Here am I.
Kim OConnor said…
Proverbs 19:13 NLT

Spouting off before listening to the facts is both shameful and foolish.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1