Faith Words: There Is A Time


I feel like I'm busier now than ever.  I always thought that my life would start developing a sort of calm mellowing by now.  I thought the pace of life would gradually slow down so I could really enjoy it.

What I've discovered is this:  if I don't choose to slow down, I won't.  If I don't actively seek a calm existence, it won't happen.

I've wondered about Sabbath rest.  I've studied Sabbath rest.  I've talked about Sabbath rest.  I've done everything but actually take a Sabbath rest.  I've put just about everything else ahead of God's Sabbath principle and, not surprisingly, I'm worn out and frazzled.

I think it's time to unwrap my Father's gift of Sabbath and trust Him to bless me with His peace in ways I've never imagined.  It's time to breathe in deeply the refreshing essence of the Holy Spirit.  It's time to feast on the Bread of Life.  It's time to order my life by Jehovah's rhythm. It's time to pause long enough to hear my heavenly Father sing over me.  It's time.

Shalom,

Patrice

Ecclesiastes 3:1  (NIV)

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven.

Comments

Sheree Denny said…
Psalm 18:1-2 NIV
I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuse. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Carol Rea said…
Luke 21:19 NIV

Stand firm, and you will win life.
Kim OConnor said…
1 Peter 1:3-4 NIV

He has given us...into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade - kept in Heaven for you.
Tajuana Speir said…
Matthew 10:13 NIV

If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it
is not, let your peace return to you.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1