Faith Words: Safe In Our Father's Arms


It stormed something fierce here over the weekend.  The wind blew and the rain fell.  It was a powerful storm.

My littlest granddaughter, Vivienne, was frightened by the fury of the storm, so her daddy, my son, picked her up and took her to the window and explained it to her - at least as much as you can to a toddler who's just a few months shy of her second birthday.

He held her closely and pointed to the rain and said, "It's water."  In the safety of her daddy's arms, she took it all in and finally yelled, "It's okay!  It's wawa!"

What a precious scene I conjured up as imagined the two of them standing there looking at the rain!  Her trust in her daddy conquered her fears and gave her the courage to shout the storm down.

What storms am I facing that make me afraid?  Are troubles pouring down?  Are worries blowing me around?

Oh, that I would let my Father take me into His arms and reassure me that I'm safe in His care, that He is bigger than anything that could come against me!

He's a good, good Father!  And I'm loved by Him.

Safe in His arms,

Patrice

Psalm 34:17 (NIV)

The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; He delivers them from all their troubles.

Comments

Sheree Denny said…
2 Cor. 4:9 NIV

Persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.
Carol Rea said…
Lamentations 3:23b NIV

...great is your faithfulness.
Kim OConnor said…
John 12:47 NIV

As for the person who hears My Words, but does not keep them, I do not judge [her].
Tajuana Speir said…
Psalm 112:7 NIV

They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts
are steadfast trusting in the Lord.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1