Faith Words: A Good Grip

I bought some hair clips today. I need them for a craft project. I stood there for a minute looking at my choices. Some clips were large. Some tiny. Some smooth. Some with teeth. I bought those.

They’re called alligator clips because they’re shaped, well, like an alligator’s mouth. They’re long and tapered but what really sold me on them were the teeth. I think they’ll stay put. I’m hoping they’ll have a good grip.

Without a good grip, the clips aren’t likely to stay in our hair. Instead, they’ll slide out and have to repositioned all the time. Annoying. Not worth having.

Oh, but a clip with teeth!  That’s one I expect to stay where it’s placed, holding snugly onto the hair.

That’s what we need - a faith with teeth. Teeth that will give us a good grip on God’s word and His teachings. Teeth that will keep us where we’re supposed to be. Teeth that will allow us to hold on even when the way gets slippery, when doubts and temptations try to shake our faith.

Yes, that’s what I want - a faith with teeth - a faith with a good grip on the Lord.

Yes.  A good, strong grip of faith.

Patrice

Hebrews 10:23 KJV

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

Comments

Sheree Denny said…
Romans 12:16 NIV

Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.
Shannon Augesen said…
Jeremiah 17:5-6 NIV
This is what the Lord says: "Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who draws strength from mere flesh and whose heart turns away from the Lord. That person will be like a bush in the wastelands. They will dwell in the parched places of the desert, in a salt land where no one lives."
Carol Rea said…
Ephesians 4:3 NIV


Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1