Faith Words: Joy Comes


Recently, I said some things that had unforseen consequences.  If I'd known the mischief my words would bring, I'd never have released them.   My good intentions only caused pain.  Does anyone think that is really what I wanted?  How sad and terrible to be misunderstood!  I certainly didn't see this coming.  Oh, to be able to retract those words!

Next came the pain.  I was hurt.  Others were hurt.  It felt like the hurting would never stop.  How many tears could I cry?  Oh, the night seemed so long!  I understood how Juliet felt when she spoke these words in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, Act 4, Scene 1:

        "O shut the door, and when thou hast done so,
          Come weep with me, past hope, past cure, past help!"

Would things get better?  Some hurts change everything.  Pain teaches a powerful lesson and once learned, the mistake isn't likely to be repeated - not and risk the pain again.  I wanted to be a quick learner so I won't have to repeat this lesson.

But I have something Juliet didn't seem to have.  I have faith in God.  He has promised that in all things He works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28).  I trusted Him to bring me through that miserable time.  For a while, I fell at His feet beyond words to express my sorrow.  And just as He promised, I began to feel better and see how God was working things to my good.

My sorrow was real and I remember what brought it on, whether I'd intended it that way or not.  I thank the Lord for helpng me through this time of learning and for not wasting my pain.  He is faithful and has restored my joy - because joy comes.

Rejoicing,

Patrice

Psalm 30:5b ESV

Weeping may tarry for the night,
    but joy comes with the morning.

Comments

Sheree Denny said…
2 Chronicles 16:9A NIV

For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him.
Carol Rea said…
2 Corinthians 1:24b NIV

...because it is by faith you stand firm.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1