Faith Words: Renewing My Mind

It occurs to me that I keep repeating the same patterns of behavior over and over.   I heard it said that if we keep doing things the way we’ve always done them, we’ll always get what we always got. So what makes me think that I can achieve the results I want without changing the way I behave?

In my plans, in my mind, in my dreams, it all seems so simple. But when it’s real, when it’s time to act, I can come up with excuse after excuse, one rationalization after another about why the time’s not right, I need to wait to begin, it’s not my fault, I’m not ready, the change isn’t worth it, what’s one more day and on and on.

What am I waiting on?  Who’s going to “fix” me if I don’t?  Certainly, God is the source of my strength and He will help me. But He won’t do it for me. He won’t give it to me. He expects me to do my part.

So, as I said it, occurs to me I need to change my way of thinking and doing to change my outcome. Then, God’s transforming power will renew my mind.

Looking forward to the renewed me.

Patrice

Romans 12:2 NIV

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—His good, pleasing and perfect will.


Comments

Sheree Denny said…
Psalm 42:1 NIV

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God.
Shannon Augesen said…
Mark 1:41 NIV
Moved with compassion, Jesus reached out and touched him, "I am willing," he said. "Be healed."
Kim OConnor said…
Revelation 21:5 CSB

Then the One seated on the throne said, "Look, I am making everything new."
Tajuana Speir said…
Isaiah 46:4 NIV

Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
Carol Rea said…
Proverbs 22:4 NIV

Humility is the fear of the LORD, its wages are riches and honor and life.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1