Faith Words: New Perspective

We get used to patterns in life. That’s why you can drive from your house to the grocery store and not remember a single turn or stop sign. It’s just rote behavior and muscle memory kicking in. 

I do that with my Christian walk sometimes as well. Bible class, worship service, small group. Wait a week and repeat. Do I ever really stop and see those around me?  Do I really hear the message?  Do I mean the words of the song or am I just singing a familiar tune?

To get the most out of life, I need to get a new perspective. Take a different route to the store. Sit in a different seat in Bible class and church. Sing each song, pray each prayer like I’m standing at the foot of the throne all by myself. Listen and takes notes like the Holy Spirit is speaking directly to me. 

Time to get out of my routine and get a new perspective. 

Seeing with fresh eyes,

Patrice

Matthew‬ ‭13:16‬ ‭TPT‬‬

But blissful are your eyes, for they see. Delighted are your ears, for they are open to hear all these things.

‭‭

Comments

Sheree Denny said…
Isaiah 40:8 NIV

The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever.
Carol Rea said…
Proverbs 15:33 NIV

Wisdom's instruction is to fear the Lord, and humility comes before honor.
Kim OConnor said…
2 Samuel 22:32-33 HCSB

"For who is God besides the Lord? and who is a rock? Only our God! God is my strong refuge; He makes my way perfect."

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1