Faith Words: Peace On Earth

Peace!  What a beautiful thought!  Peace!  An ideal so longed for!  Why is it so elusive?

In my little world, many things try to steal my peace and replace it with anxiety, stress, fear, panic. And it happens throughout the day, not just once in a while. 

How do I keep myself in the peace God promises?

I decide I’m not playing satan’s game. Instead, I take a deep breath and focus on God’s peace. That works sometimes for a while but satan doesn’t give up. 

Only repeated reliance on God in prayer provides the connection to His peace. Again, it’s not once and done. It’s a continual prayer and practice. 

Sometimes peace eludes me but it’s not because God has taken it away. Sometimes satan’s waves of despair wash over me. 

I’m so thankful God is always there with His mighty hand outstretched toward me, rescuing me, pulling me back to His peace. 

Oh! Peace, welcome peace!

Patrice

John‬ ‭14:27‬ ‭NKJV‬‬ 

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

‭‭

Comments

Sheree Denny said…
Psalm 27:13 NIV

I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Carol Rea said…
John 5:14

This is the confidence we have in approaching God; that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.
Kim OConnor said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim OConnor said…
Numbers 6:24-26 NIV

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1