Faith Words: Eternal

I have some heirlooms that have been passed down from my grandparents to me and I hope to pass them on to my grandchildren someday.  An anniversary clock, a round platter, a sun bonnet, a butter churn.  

But all these things will break or fade someday and the memories I have of them will fade as well. My grandchildren may remember from stories I share with them but the stories will be just that: stories, not memories and soon even those will fade to nothing.

In our world, our lives, so much is fleeting.  It’s a great comfort to know that the word of God is everlasting. The word of God is trustworthy and never-changing.

As each subsequent generation embraces the gospel, the word of God will be planted in their hearts as their own personal memories. Not just old stories of a days long passed that have little relevance but memories with life-changing reality.

Yes, the word of God is an heirloom that will never fade or perish. It is eternal.

Pass it on.

Patrice 

Isaiah‬ ‭40:8‬ ‭NIV‬‬

The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever.

‭‭


Comments

Sheree Denny said…
Ephesians 6:12b NIV

Against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
Carol Rea said…
1 Corinthians 10:12 NIV

So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you do not fall.
Kim OConnor said…
Isaiah 54:10 CSB

"Though the mountains move and the hills shake, My Love will not be removed from you and My Covenant of peace will not be shaken," says your compassionate Lord.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1