Faith Words: Righteousness

I like to think I’m a good person who conducts herself in a morally upright manner. Sometimes I can carry that off; but deep inside, I know that my righteousness is unsustainable, no matter how good my intentions. 


God knows this about me. He sees me trying to live a righteous life by my own efforts; and He knows I can’t sustain it by myself. So, through Jesus, He offers me His righteousness. All I have to do is put it on. His righteousness covers my heart and reminds me of who I am - of whose I am. 


When I put on the breastplate of His righteousness, I remember that He is the source of all goodness, not me. 


When I put on the breastplate of His righteousness, I remember that I am under His control, not the control of sin.


When I put on the breastplate of His righteousness, I remember that He gives me the power to stand against the enemy. 


Standing firm by His mighty power,


Patrice 


Ephesians‬ ‭6‬:‭14b‬ ‭NIV 


Stand firm then, … with the breastplate of righteousness in place, …

Comments

Kim OConnor said…
Job 5:18 NIV

For He wounds, but He also binds up; He injures, but His Hands also heal.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: Change

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Questions to Ponder Week #1