Faith Words: A New Birth

My newest grandchild was born yesterday, January 31, 2012.  A beautiful baby girl!  A new life filled with new hope and possibilities.

And that's just who we are when we're in Christ - new!  In Christ, the old life is gone and we're given a new life filled with new hope and possibilities.

My challenge is living in the newness - remembering that I no longer have to live as a slave to sin, that I now have the Holy Spirit living in me.  I am free!  Free to live in love.  Free to do God's will.  Free to walk by faith in Christ Jesus.  Oh the possibilities!

Patrice

1 Peter 1:3 (NIV)

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!  In His great mercy He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.

Comments

Sheree Denny said…
NIV Prov. 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your pats straight.
Anonymous said…
NIV Colossians 3:2
Set you minds on things above, not on earthly things.
Twyla Doty
shari horne said…
Shari Horne
Eph 2:8-10 NIV
For it is by grace you have been saved through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works,so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Chirst Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Shannon Augesen said…
NIV Jeremiah 17:7-8 But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.
Kim OConnor said…
Kim O'Connor
Titus 2:7 NLT
And you yourself must be an example to them by doing good works of every kind. Let everything you do reflect the integrity and seriousness of your teaching.
Carol Rea said…
Psalm 143:8 (NIV)
Let the morning bring me word of
your unfailing love, for I have put
my trust in you. Show me the way
I should go, for to you I lift up
my soul.
Brenda Sorrells said…
NIV Eph 2:7
In order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jeses.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1