Faith Words: Walking In Love

I've had a difficult time putting my thoughts into words today.  I want to please God in the way I live my life.  I want to interact with others the way He wants me to.  But I find myself falling back into my old ruts of fear, bitterness, arrogance and self-righteousness.  These are just symptoms of a bigger problem:  trusting God.

Do I trust Him to take a broken situation and mend it?  Do I really believe He can take our pitiful disputes and settle them?  Do I think God is big enough and powerful enough to accomplish His will?

I realize that God doesn't need me to fix anything.  He needs me to trust Him to fix things.  He'll let me know when He's ready for me to take action .  He'll give me a clear understanding of what I should do and what I should say - if I trust Him.

In the meantime, He's telling me :  "First things first, Patrice.  Learn to walk in love." 

So, here's my verse for February 15, 2012:

2 John 6 (NIV)

And this is love:  that we walk in obedience to his commands.  As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

Patrice

Comments

Sheree Denny said…
NIV Isa 40:31 But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Mary Lou Vorheis said…
Isa 43:18 NIV
Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.
shari horne said…
Shari Horne
Isa 54:10 NIV
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my coventant of peace be removed," says the LORD who has compassion on you.
Anonymous said…
NIV James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
Twyla Doty
Anonymous said…
For nothing is impossible with God.
Luke 1:37
Kim OConnor said…
Psalm 9:2 NLT
I will be filled with joy because of You. I will sing praises to Your Name, O Most High.
Brenda Sorrells said…
Psalm 34;18 NIV
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Carol Rea said…
Psalm 46:1 NIV
God is our refuge and strength,an
ever-present help in trouble.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1