Faith Words: He remembers...

I've been babysitting my grandson.  He's 3 and a half - that is to say, he ONLY 3 and a half.  I've been looking forward to our visit.  I love him so and he's such a delight to me.  Sometimes working with a little boy can be frustrating but it's up to me to remember that he's 3 and a half - that he's ONLY 3 and a half.  It requires lots of love and lots of patience.

Being 3 and a half means he can do so much more than he used to be able to do.  He can climb and slide safely without me hovering over him.  He can use a fork easily to eat his breakfast without me feeding him one spoonful after another.  Life can be exciting when you're 3 and a half.

But since he's ONLY 3 and a half, there's much he can't do yet.  He can't play the pinball game on my home pc by himself.  He needs me to help him with that.  He can't fix his own breakfast.  He needs me to fix it for him.  And when it's bedtime, he needs me to reassure him that there are no bad shadows waiting to get him.  And first thing in the morning, he comes to find me and ask me to get his toy bowling set out and help him set it up.

Just so, God remembers who I am and what I'm capable of.  He loves me and cares for me in ways I'm too "young" to understand.  When I mess up or make mistakes, He remembers how He created me and what my limitations are.  When I wake up in the morning, I come looking for Him, asking Him to help me with the opportunities He's planned for my day.

What a marvelous God He is!  What joy it brings me to be His!

Patrice

Psalm 103:11-14  (NIV)

For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
     so great is His love for those who fear Him;
as far as the east is from the west,
     so far has He removed our transgressions from us.
As a father has compassion on his children,
     so the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him;
for He knows how we are formed,
     He remembers that we are dust.


Comments

Sheree Denny said…
NIV Zep 3:17 The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet your spirit with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.
Kim OConnor said…
Micah 6:8 NLT
No, O people, the LORD has told you what
is good, and this is what He requires of you:
to do what is right, to love mercy, and to
walk humbly with your God.
Mary Lou Vorheis said…
Isa. 43:1b-2 NASB
Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; i have called you by name; You are mine! When you pass through the waters, i will be with you, and through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, nor will the flame burn you.
Carol Rea said…
Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1