Faith Words: Overflow with Hope

Tuesday, I visited with a friend who works with people in crisis.  She told me that the main reason someone takes her own life is when she loses hope.  Hope.  A short four letter word.  But one filled with power - for some, the power of life or death.

What do we face each that drains our hope?  Financial problems?  Health issues?  Family concerns?  Fear?  Drought?  Storm?  When what we hope in is susceptible to failure in some way, it's little wonder when someone loses hope.

So, what do you hope in?  We "know" we should hope in God.  But do we live what we "know"?  Our beliefs mean little if they don't transform the way we actually live our lives. 

What would our lives look like we really believed God and took Him at His Word and lived in the victory He has in mind for each of us!  I want more in life than I can provide for myself.  I want what only God can provide.  I want to have the life Jesus spoke of and have it abundantly.  And I want it for you, too!  It really is possible to overflow with hope.

Love,
Patrice

Romans 15:13 (NIV)

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Comments

Mary Lou Vorheis said…
Isa 41:10 ASB

Do not fear, for i am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for i am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
Shannon Augesen said…
1 John 1:5-7 (NIV) This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
Sheree Denny said…
NIV Phil. 4:19 And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
Kim O'Connor said…
Psalm 25:5
Lead me by Your truth and teach me, for You are the God Who saves me. All day long I put my hope in You.
Carol Rea said…
Isaiah 30:18 NIV

Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!
Brenda Sorrells said…
Colossians 2:9-10 NIV For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.
shari horne said…
Shari Horne
Col. 3:12-14 NIV
Therefore as God's chosen people holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
Sheree Denny said…
NIV Zep 3:17

The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1