Faith Words: Too Much To Bear?

Some pretty big things have occurred in the GCR family lately.  Untimely deaths, unexplainable health issues, economic woes - sorrow upon sorrow; pain upon pain, stress upon stress.

Life is hard.  At the same time, life is fragile.  There's so much we can't control. Once a day has been lived, it can't be changed or fixed.  It's done.  A big part of living each new day is trying to come to grips with the events of the past.  The weight of it all can be suffocating.

I find myself returning to Matthew where Jesus reassures us that even though our burdens may be heavy, His isn't.  Not only that but in Him, we'll find rest for our souls.  "Rest for our souls."  I like the sound of that. 

Giving it all to Him,
Patrice

Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV)

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, ad you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.


Comments

Mary Lou Vorheis said…
Prov. 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Hime, and He will make your paths straight.
Carol Rea said…
Jeremiah 29:13 NIV
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.omerv

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1