Faith Words: Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is my favorite time of year.  Cool (maybe even cold) weather has finally arrived.  The joy of the holidays is before us.  Family is gathered around us.  Everything is filled with hope and expectation of good things to come.

Again this year, Thanksgiving finds me with so much to be thankful for:  family, friends, abundance.  I'm thankful I have a safe and dry home that has not been deluged by fall storms.  I'm thankful for a loving husband whose every action speaks of his devotion to me.  I'm thankful I have a loving family that includes three delightful grandchildren - one of whom is new to the table this year.  I'm thankful for a robust economy that provides more work than we have time to do.  I'm thankful for the close circle of friends I have who are as much like sisters to me as if we had been born to the same parents.

I'm thankful for being part of a ministry that allows me to walk beside godly women whose spirituality encourages me to stand strong in my own faith - a ministry that allows me to see the good work the Lord is doing in the hearts and lives of some broken women who've chosen to turn to Him for help.  We shared a Thanksgiving meal together last week where I heard testimony after testimony that gave thanks for second chances and a renewed hope for the future.

I'm thankful for being part of another ministry that allows me to work with men and women who have submitted to God's call on their lives to plant new churches in new places. These people stand at the forefront of the battle for souls, courageously proclaiming the Gospel to those who haven't heard its message of love and hope or who need to hear it again.

And who do I have to thank for all these blessings? Jehovah God, His Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.  It is God Himself who gives me hope and expectation of good things to come.  It is God Himself who gives me all I need and family and friends to share my life with.  It is God Himself who offers a second chance to broken lives and calls people to preach the Gospel and then allows me to play a part in these ministries.  It is God Himself who planned for my soul's salvation even before time began.

My thanks are to our God and I join with the angels in Heaven and fall on my face in worship of the one, true God of all.

May He bless you this Thanksgiving in ways you never expected and open your eyes to see the evidence of His love in your life.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Patrice

Revelation 7:12 (NIV)

Amen!
Praise and glory
and wisdom and thanks and honor
and power and strength
be to our God for ever and ever.
Amen!

Comments

Sheree Denny said…
2 Cor 4:18 NIV

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
Carol Rea said…
Isaiah 66:2b NIV

..."This is the one I esteem: he who is humble and contrite in spirit, and trembles at my word."

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1