Faith Words: Prepare to be amazed!

Tomorrow is a big day.  For almost a year now, we've been planning a retreat and we leave tomorrow.  I'm filled with so many thoughts feelings.  Excitement, anticipation, exhaustion.  I've been writing lists and rewriting them trying to make sure I've covered what I'm responsible for. What will the weekend be like?  Will the reality of the weekend measure up to our plans?

It's one thing to be a part of a large project for work.  It's still another to be part of a large project for family.  But being a part of a large project for God's Kingdom - well, that's something else again.  He's put our team together, adding to it over the years, allowing some to come and go as He calls them to other good works.

Our Father has placed before us opportunities to be a part of something much bigger than ourselves, challenging us to trust, to do, to stand. The task has indeed been a challenge, but no matter how big we dream, God has consistently shown us that He will accomplish what He intends to accomplish in this ministry.  He can do more than we can imagine.

We've experienced incredible joy and heartbreaking disappointment.  We've learned (and are still learning) how to work with each other, encouraging each team member to reach and stretch beyond what any of us thought was possible.  And again, God has consistently shown us that He will accomplish what He intends to accomplish in this ministry.  He can use us in ways we can't imagine.

Our God is amazing.  I don't pretend to be able to comprehend all that He is.  I just try to feel what He is to me and imagine who He is and what He can do.  I don't know where following Him will take me.  I just know that if I'm following Him, I'm where I should be and I'll get to be a part of something special and see His glory for myself.

I don't know just how our retreat will end up, but I'm confident that God knows.  I believe He has planned it down to the minute.  For my part, I'm so glad to be along for the ride. Today, I'll spend my time getting ready both physically and spiritually because tomorrow, the Lord will do amazing things among us.

Eagerly,

Patrice

Joshua 3:5 (NIV)

Joshua told the people, "Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Many are the plans in a
person's heart,
but it is the Lord's purpose
that prevails.

Proverbs 19:21 (NIV)
Tajuana Speir said…

Many are the plans in a
person's heart,
but it is the Lord's purpose
that prevails.

Proverbs 19:21 (NIV)
Sheree Denny said…
Matthew 6:34 NIV

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Carol Rea said…
Phil 4:19 NIV

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
Kim OConnor said…
Romans 13:12 NLT

The night is almost gone; the day of salvation will soon be here.

So remove your dark deeds like dirty clothes, and put on the shining armor of right living.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1