Faith Words: Hope

A week and a half ago, my nephew got married. (That's why there was no April 1st blog.  I was in Austin helping with wedding prep.)  Isn't it interesting how big an impact a wedding can have on a family?  Even in all the activities that lead up to the ceremony, the two families learn how to interact, how to share this special time in their children's lives.  This young woman will no doubt make her mark on our clan but she'll be changed, too, because now she's a McKinney.

On our way home from the wedding, we were able to spend a few extra hours in Hill Country and enjoy the beauty of Texas wildflowers at their best.  Every bend in the road brought new vistas of pastures covered in bluebonnets, dotted with specks of red and yellow.  I don't know the official names of many of these botanical treasures but I enjoyed their breathtaking beauty just the same.

It was like getting a fresh injection of hope.  We'd just witnessed the joy of the new beginnings of a young couple pledging their love and loyalty to each other before God, and then, right before our very eyes, God was dazzling us with the amazing varieties of His creation in its annual season of renewal.  After a long, cold winter and living in a dry and desolate land, the fresh green leaves and glorious array of color on the rolling hills simply refreshed my soul.

Sometimes that's all we need, isn't it?  Just the reminder that the rut we often find ourselves in isn't endless - that a fresh start is right there if we'll just look up.  Life's more than just the sum total of my problems.  If I can break away for just a little while and see past them, God will remind me that He has so much more to give me.  He has more for you, too.

Looking to God doesn't always take away the challenges we face.  It changes our perspective and renews our strength.  We have a Friend who wants to share our lives.  If we blend our lives with His, He'll use our special talents to build up His family.  And we'll be forever changed by His love because now we're His.

Hope-fully,

Patrice

Jeremiah 29:11  (NIV)  [This is for you, Sue.]
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."



PS While you're at it, want to add a verse for April 1st?

Galatians 6:9 (NIV)
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Comments

Sheree Denny said…
Psalm 143:8 NIV

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.

Psalm 143:10 NIV

Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
Carol Rea said…
Isaiah 41:13 NIV

For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.


James 4:10

Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.
Tajuana Speir said…
James 4:10 (NIV) April 1,2014

Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up.

1 Corinthians 10:12 (NIV)4-15-14

So, if you think you are standing
firm, be careful that you don't fall!
Kim OConnor said…
Isaiah 54:5 NIV

For your Maker is your husband—
the Lord Almighty is His name—
the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; He is called the God of all the earth.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1