Faith Words: Enough

I have a group of close friends that I spend a lot of time with each week.  We pray together and visit with each other and we study the Bible together.  Right now, we're working our way through Priscilla Shirer's SEED study.  It is so unlike any other study I've done and I'm enjoying it immensely.

The study topic we're currently on is Enough.  Enough.  As I've been working through the scriptures Priscilla has chosen for us, I've been challenged to think about the concept that I have enough.  Enough time, enough provision, enough money, enough knowledge, enough of everything I need.  That's the real challenge to learn to distinguish between what I want and what I need.

But back to enough.  Often what I have doesn't seem like enough to me and I think, for me at least, it comes down to trust.  Do I trust that the "enough" that God has given me is really enough?  Or do I use my perceived lacking as an excuse not to do what God has set in front of me?

So I determined what my true lacking is:  it's faith.  Do I believe God is Who He says He is and can do what He says can do and did what He said in His Word He did, then what am I waiting for?  With the power of the Holy Spirit living in me, why do I hesitate?

No, with the "enough" God has provided, I can accomplish what He wants me to do.  Whatever He calls me to, big or small, will be revealed each day.  I can be courageous and bold because I know He is enough.

Faithfully,

Patrice

Deuteronomy 31:6, 8 (NIV)

6 Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.

8 The LORD Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.

Comments

Sheree Denny said…
Deuteronomy 20:4 NIV

For the Lord your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory.
Tajuana Speir said…
Ephesians 4:29 (NIV)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
Carol Rea said…
Isaiah 30:15 NIV

This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength...
Kim OConnor said…
1 Peter 3:11 NIV

They must turn from evil and do good; they must seek peace and pursue it.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1