Faith Words: Daily Word


For years, my friend Carol has been encouraging people to read the Bible daily.  Just like I've challenged her to memorize Scripture, she has challenged me (and just about everyone else she talks to) to join her in daily Bible reading.  She talks about it, she prints up reading guides, she hands them out, she leaves them in public places. But more importantly, she does it herself.  Yes, for years, she has read through her Bible annually.

She'd be the first to tell you that daily Bible reading has changed her life.  It has given her comfort and guidance in difficult times.  It has convicted of her of changes she needs to make in her life.  It has encouraged her.

Do you want to make lasting changes in your life?
Read the Bible.

Do you want a calmer, more peaceful life?
Read the Bible.

Do you want to have direction in your life?
Read the Bible.

Need help coping with family or personal issues?
Read the Bible.

Written long ago, the Word of God is still relevant. Reading it daily reinforces its power in your life. Reading it through from Genesis to Revelation ties all the wisdom of the ages together in one beautiful gift from God.

Proverbs 31 Ministries recently posted a Wendy Pope quote on Facebook.  I think it says it all:

"When I meet the Lord I want to be able to say, 'I read Your best-seller and it changed my life.'"

I'm in.

Patrice

Hebrews 4:12 (NIV)

For the word of God is living and active.  Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Comments

Tajuana Speir said…
Philippians 3:13b NIV

But one thing I do: Forgetting
what is behind, and straining toward what is ahead.
Sheree Denny said…
Psalm 127:1 NIV

Unless the Lord builds the house, it's builders labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain.
Carol Rea said…
Ecclesiastes 5:1-2 NIV

Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. Go near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools, who do not know that they do wrong. Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on the earth, so let your words be few.
Kim OConnor said…
Psalm 71:18 HCSB

Even when I am old and gray, do not abandon me. Then I will proclaim Your Power to another generation, Your Strength to all who are to come.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1