Faith Words: Full Circle


We started off this year talking about the value of reading and memorizing the Word of God.  We often judge the value of how we spend our time by what we get out of it - our return on investment.  This year, did you get a good return?  Did you end the year richer in the knowledge and understanding of God's Word than you started it?  Only you can say.

Part of this year, I devoted more of myself and my time to God's Word; part of it, less.  I wish I had been more faithful and consistent.  But the year seemed to fly by.  I felt like I was running to catch up and never got there.  I'd tell myself:  "OK.  I'm going to get it together and when I do, I'm going to have daily time in the Word."  But I let things get in the way and never got it together.

So what now?  I'd like to do better.  To do better, I have to make my actions match my desires.  So, rather than waiting to get my life perfectly in control and in order, all calm and peaceful, I'd better realize than the key word in my question is "now."  What now?  God now.  His Word now.

Each of us gets to pick the now.  Morning?  Evening? We decide.  But decide we must or back we go into the ruts of life that keep us from the fulfillment we so crave.

Whether I'm experiencing chaos or order, unrest or contentment, depression or joy - wherever, however, I find myself - I must first choose God.  Then, stay the course.  If I choose God first, everything else will follow. I'll be able to see my way clear through the ups and downs of life.

I'm looking forward to next year.  But first, I'm looking forward to tomorrow.  Another day, another opportunity to choose God first, to choose God now.

One step at a time.

Merry Christmas!

Patrice

Psalm 119:33 (NIV)

Teach me, O LORD, to follow your decrees;
     then I will keep them to the end.

Comments

Sheree Denny said…
Isaiah 30:21 NIV
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying,"This is the way;walk in it."
Carol Rea said…
Psalm 130:5 NIV

I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope.
Unknown said…
1 John 5:4 NIV

...for everyone born of God overcomes the world.
Tajuana Speir said…
Philippians 1:9 NIV

And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more
and more in knowledge and depth of insight.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1