Faith Words: Hold On


I know you're hurting.  It seems there's always something, doesn't it?  Do you ever feel like you'll be crushed?  Do you sometimes believe that no one else really knows, much less cares, what you're going through?  It really feels that way but I know there is someone in your life who does know, who does care.

Job felt alone.  All his riches gone.  All his children gone. His wife didn't offer much help.  And his three good friends blamed him.  But he held on to what his heart knew, not what his eyes saw.  He trusted God.  His story wasn't over - not yet.

I heard a song the other day by For King and Country: "It's Not Over Yet."  Powerful reminder that God is in control and He's not through - not yet.

You see, our troubles, whether big or little, are momentary.  We're eternal.  What our eyes see isn't the whole picture.  What God says - well, that's heart knowledge.  That's truth.  That's hope.

God says:  I have a plan.  I want you back from where this broken creation has taken you.  My Son died to bring you to me.  Hold on - it's a difficult path, I know, but hold on.  I'm sending Him to get you soon.  Don't give up.  It's not over yet.

Dear sisters, hold on.  To God's promises.  To what you know in your heart to be true.  To the hope that you have. Hold on.

Soon,

Patrice

1 Peter 3:14-15 (NIV)

But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened.” But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.

Comments

Sheree Denny said…
Psalm 119:28 NIV

My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.
Tajuana Speir said…
Isaiah 66:13 NIV

As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort
you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem.
Carol Rea said…
Psalm 16:8 NIV

Keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Unknown said…
John 3:34b AMPC

...for God does not give Him His Spirit sparingly or by measure, but boundless is the gift God makes of His Spirit!

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1