Faith Words: Daily Bread


While we were in the drive-thru line at Texas Burger, John pointed out a little bird hunting for scraps.  It's not unusual to see birds hunting for scraps there but this one caught John's eye because his leg was not quite right.  It was sticking out at an odd angle.  I guess it was broken.  But that didn't stop this little guy from pursuing his goal:  his daily bread.

I started wondering: is there something in my life that's not quite right?  The Apostle Paul called it his thorn in the flesh.  A thorn in the flesh has a purpose: to teach me to trust the Lord.

What is my thorn in the flesh?  Do I let it stop me and use it as an excuse not to pursue God's goal for me?  Or do I decide that whatever it is, it won't stop me?  Do I trust that God can supply what's lacking in me?

Whenever I'm tempted to quit, I just need to trust God and remember that little crippled bird hopping around on his one good foot.  God knows.  God sees.  God cares. God provides.

In His strength,

Patrice

Matthew 6:26 (NIV)

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

Comments

Sheree Denny said…
Psalm 119:30 NIV

I have chosen the way of truth; I have set my heart on your laws.
Tajuana Speir said…
Mark 9:23 NIV

"If you can?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for one
who believes."
Unknown said…
Psalm 62:1 (NLT)

I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from Him.
Carol Rea said…
Psalm 34:8 NIV

Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1