Faith Words: A More Excellent Way


I don't know what hurts me more:  a terrorist on a killing rampage or a child being dragged away from his parents by an alligator.  Both are such frightening scenes that I can hardly bear to think about them.  When I do, I imagine:  What would I do if this was happening to me, to my family?  How would I feel?  How would I react?  How would I recover?

My heart breaks for the victims and their families.  I get frustrated at all the pieces and parts that led up to these events.  I want to understand and try to prevent something like this from happening again. But what can I really do myself to make things better?  And how do I take all this in and not be affected?

Our world is hungry and dark and we have been called to nurture those around us and show them the way to go.  If we let the Holy Spirit guide us, we'll produce bumper crops of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.  If we follow in the steps of the Savior as children of the Light, that Light will shine brightly in our own lives so the world can see Him. We're called to lead by example, loving in word and deed, living lives that bring glory to the name of God.

So when the world around us explodes in the horrible ways we've witnessed lately, stand firm in your commitment to the Lord.  Don't let hate and anger blind you and take root in your heart.  Instead, shine the Light; sow love.

Patrice

I John 1:5 (NASB)

This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all.

1 John 4:19 (NASB)

We love, because He first loved us.

Comments

Sheree Denny said…
Psalm 119:32 NIV

I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free.
Carol Rea said…
Micah 7:7 NIV

But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.
Tajuana Speir said…
June 1,2016 Micah 6:8b NIV

To act justly and to love mercy and to walk
humbly with your God.

June 15,2016 Proverbs 4:23 NIV

Above all else, guard your heart, for everything
you do flows from it.
Unknown said…
I John 2:15-16 NLT

Do not love this world nor the things it offers you,
for when you love the world, you do not have the
love of the Father in you.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1