Faith Words: Blessings & Thankfulness


Internal struggles in Kenya led Grace on a journey through the worst times imaginable to deliverance at God's hand.  Somehow, through it all, Grace knew in her heart that God is faithful and would provide.  Grace's story of terror and despair was just the beginning - the prologue, if you will - of her story of faith and victory.  If you didn't hear Grace's story Sunday, I invite you to visit KWO's website and watch the video for yourself: Kikitemo: A Story about Grace.

After meeting Grace and hearing her testimony, I realized again just how blessed I am.  Even the worst things I've experienced are nothing but minor inconveniences by comparison.  So, I stop once again to reflect on what I have to be thankful for.

  • I have a faithful, loving husband.  
  • I have two wonderful sons with beautiful families.
  • My home is safe and sound - heated in the winter, cooled in the summer, with electricity and running water & sewer.
  • Grocery stores are just around the corner and I have never known true hunger and starvation.
  • I have all the clothes and shoes I need for every season.

And that is just the beginning of my list.

God has been faithful to me all my life.  He has provided again and again whenever a need arose and even before.  Hearing Grace's story was just the reminder I needed during this season of Thanksgiving of all I have been given by God's gracious faithfulness and love.

God's blessings don't begin or end with my physical needs.  Before time began, He provided for my greatest need - He provided a Savior in His very own Son Jesus Christ.

Have you counted your blessings lately?

Happy Blessing-Counting and Thanksgiving!

Patrice

Psalm 126:3 (NIV)

The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

Comments

Unknown said…
2 Timothy 2:24-25 HCSB

The Lord's slave must not quarrel, but must be gentle to everyone, able to teach, and patient, instructing [her] opponents with gentleness.
Sheree Denny said…
Psalm 119:42 NIV

Then I will answer the one who taunts me, for I trust in your word.
Carol Rea said…
I Thessalonians 5:24 NIV

The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1