Faith Words: What's It Going To Take?


Welcome 2017!  As a new year begins, our minds turn toward making resolutions to improve our habits and quality of life.  And year after year, we tend to disappoint ourselves by not keeping these resolutions.

So, this year, are you going to make resolutions?  Are you committing yourself to a better you?  Will 2017 be different?  What's it going to take to make real change happen this year?

I know I need to resolve again to improve things in my sphere.  What has stopped me in the past from sticking to my resolutions?  Different things, to be sure, but I'd say the main reason I fall short of accomplishing what I've set out to do is that I'm not really serious about real change. It's much easier to let things continue as they are.  Real change takes real work, real commitment.

In spite of my past failures, though, this year, I'm going to try again.  Just basic changes, some self-denial, lots more discipline.  So, what will make this year different and improve my chances for success?  My first and most important resolution - to submit to God's will and live by His word.

Haven't I done that?  Well, yes and no.  I believe God's word and I know His will is for my best interests.  And generally, I try to live like I think He wants me to.  But I tend to put off full submission and obedience and cover by saying, "Well, no one's perfect."

No one is perfect but often, I feel like I don't even try.  I get caught up in momentary activity and lose sight of the underlying attitudes of my heart that will affect my motivation and ultimate success.  And I'm tired of failure!

Real success for real change is possible.  Building on the foundation of God's word, with a dedication to submitting to God's will, I believe that God can work in my life to make change a reality for me.  I've tried things my way with little success.  It's clear to me that what's been missing all along is a full commitment to God's way.

This year, rather than give lip service to my faith, it's time to put it into action.  Only God can change me for real. This year, I'm going to let Him have His way.

Resolute!

Patrice

Psalm 37:4-5 (NIV)

Take delight in the Lord,
    and He will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord;
    trust in Him and He will do this:

Comments

Sheree Denny said…
Deuteronomy 30:20A NIV

And that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life...
Tajuana Speir said…
Psalm 119:11 NIV

I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.
Carol Rea said…
Zephaniah 3:17 NIV

The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you,he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.
Shannon Augesen said…
Psalm 5:7-8 NIV
But I, by your great mercy, will come into your house; in reverence will I bow down toward your holy temple. Lead me, O Lord, in your righteousness because of my enemies - make straight your way before me.
Unknown said…
Hebrews 13:8 NLT

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Faith Words: Change