Faith Words: Fresh Start


It seems like every morning I think:  "OK.  Today, I'm going to do a better job of ..."  Whether it's my diet, exercise program, devotional habits, housekeeping, or something else, I need a fresh start.  I'm not able to sustain any momentum toward success for any decent length of time.  I get tired of starting over but mostly I get tired of failing, of making no real progress.

I wonder if God gets tired of me.  Do my promises and vows sound as hollow to Him as they do to me?  So many times, I tell myself:  "Stop.  Who do you think you're fooling?  You know better than anyone that you won't make it through the day with the plans you have.  Just quit.  Give up."

If God were like me, He would get tired of me.  If God were like me, He would have given up on me a long time ago.  But praise God! He's not like me.

Our heavenly Father's love doesn't expire.  He doesn't judge me and my efforts like I do.  He offers opportunity after opportunity for me to start again, to keep trying.  He Himself will help me.

Starting over - again.

Patrice

Psalm 37:23-24 NIV

 The Lord makes firm the steps
    of the one who delights in him;
 though he may stumble, he will not fall,
    for the Lord upholds him with his hand.

Comments

Sheree' Denny said…
Isaiah 44:2A NIV

This is what the Lord says-he who made you, who formed you in the womb, and who will help you.
Tajuana Speir said…
John 1:5 NIV

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness
has not overcome it.
Carol Rea said…
Ephesians 3:19 NIV


And to know this love that surpasses knowledge---that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Unknown said…
Lamentations 3:25 CSB

The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1