Faith Words: PS I love you!


What a whirlwind I've been living in lately!  I'm happy to be involved in some great ministries and God has blessed me with family and friends, too.  Sometimes, it keeps me running in all directions.

In the middle of my current whirlwind, one particularly kind friend decided to fix me a meal.  She didn't ask.  She just did.  She understood what kinds of things fill my calendar right now and she decided to do what she could to lighten my load.

You see, having enough food for the week wasn't the issue and she knows that.  But in her compassion for me, she told me in a very practical way that she cares and supports me in what I'm doing.

And isn't that what a true friend does?  Loves, cares, supports.  The meal was wonderful, but it wasn't about the delicious food.  What she really did was fix me a casserole of kindness, a fruit salad of joy, and a dessert of love.

In John 15:13, Jesus said, "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends."  Sometimes that's done by preparing a home cooked meal.  Thank you, Priscilla.

Fed,

Patrice

PS I love you!

John 15:13 NIV

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

Comments

Sheree' Denny said…
Ecclesiastes 4:4A NIV

And I saw that all labor and all achievement spring from man's envy of his neighbor.
Shannon Augesen said…
Psalm 90:1-2 NIV
Lord, you have been our dwelling place throughout all generations.
Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.
Carol Rea said…
I Samuel 18:14 NIV

In everything he did he had great success, because the LORD was with him.
Unknown said…
Isaiah 65:24 NLT

I will answer them before they even call to Me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1