Faith Words: Time Flies


Time flies.  When I was a kid, the school year seemed to drag by and summer days flew.  (I now understand that teachers feel the same way.)  But what has surprised me most as an adult is how fast all the days go by.

Each day is unique and will not be repeated.  Sometimes it frightens me when I think about how many days are behind me and how I wasted so many of them.  I wonder, too, how many days I have left.

How can I make the most of the time the Lord has given me?  It seems foolish to focus too much on the brevity of life.  Rather, I want to focus on the quality of living.

There's an old saying:  Don't squander time; that's the stuff life is made of.  But that's not entirely true.  Life is only measured in time, but it's made of so much more. Loving, giving, building, trying, working, laughing, playing, crying.  That's the real stuff life is made of.

It's time to live a little.

Counting the days,

Patrice

Psalm 90:12 NIV

Teach us to number our days,
    that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

Comments

Shannon Augesen said…
2 Timothy 4:1-2 NIV
In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage - with great patience and careful instruction.
Sheree' Denny said…
Colossians 1:16B NIV

All things were created by him and for him.
Unknown said…
Psalm 69:5 KJV

O God, thou knowest my foolishness; and my sins are not hidden from Thee.
Tajuana Speir said…
Psalm 46:10a NIV

He says, "Be still, and know that I am God;
Carol Rea said…
Psalm 70:4b NIV


...May those who long for your saving help always say, "The Lord is great!"

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1