Faith Words: Looking Forward


This time of year, I look back over the past year and reflect on what I've done and where I've been.  Often, it's the mistakes and missed opportunities that stand out the most. 

But the apostle Paul reminds us to look forward, not back.  We know we can't change the past, whether good or bad.  But our choices for the future - the ones we make right now - can be made with an eye toward the prize we hope to attain.

So, as 2017 comes to a close, pray to the Father for wisdom and insight for the choices you'll be making from this day forward.  Don't tie yourself to failures in the past.  Build on successes and keep moving ahead.  No successes?  Then, start now and make progress. The best is yet to come.

Looking forward,

Patrice

Philippians 3:13-14

Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Comments

Sheree Denny said…
Matthew 7:24 NIV

Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
Kim OConnor said…
Matthew 24:13-14 NIV

...but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. And this gospel of the Kingdom will be preached in the whole world, and then the end will come.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1