Faith Words: Overcomer

Even in the heat of our West Texas spring, God has surprises for me.  I saw a weed growing next to the patio.  I thought about pulling it up but forgot...several times.  But over the weekend, I noticed it wasn't a weed at all.  It is the prettiest little pink salvia you ever saw.

The conditions in my backyard aren't the best for tender little plants.  It's hot.  I forget to water.  But God had determined that it should grow there.  It could have withered but it had determined that in spite of the questionable growing conditions, it would grow.

When we find ourselves in hard spots, do we wither or grow?  Troubled all around - wither or grow?  Perplexed - wither or grow?  Persecuted - wither or grow?  Cast down - wither or grow?

Jesus reminded us John 16:33b that "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”  What I think He’s telling us is we have a choice: be overcome or be overcomers - wither or grow.

What we see as obstacles and circumstances too great for us are opportunities to overcome through Jesus and bring glory to God. Wither or grow.  Succumb or overcome. What will you choose?

Growing & overcoming through Him,

Patrice

2 Corinthians 4:17 NIV

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.

Comments

Kim OConnor said…
1 Corinthians 5:9 CSB

For we are God's co-workers. We are God's field, God's building.
Sheree Denny said…
2 Samuel 22:33 NIV

It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.
Carol Rea said…
Psalm 121:2



My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1