Faith Words: New Command

The night before Jesus was taken to be tried, scourged, and crucified, he shared the Passover supper with his apostles. He also shared a new meal with them that we call the Lord’s Supper. 

Then, as if he were trying to tie his time with them up, trying to make sure they understood the heart of what he’d been teaching them, he told them:

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

His last moments with them and “love one another” is what he commands them - not tells, not asks - commands.

A pretty significant directive.  Maybe we should take his words seriously.  And obey.

I love you.

Patrice

‭‭John‬ ‭13:34-35‬ ‭NIV‬

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

Comments

Carol Rea said…
I Corinthians 1:9 NIV

God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
Sheree Denny said…
Psalm 103:11 NIV

For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him.
Tajuana Speir said…
John 8:12 NIV

When Jesus spoke again to the people, He said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever
follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
Shannon Augesen said…
Galatians 6:2 CSB

Carry one another's burdens; in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
Kim OConnor said…
Psalm 118:22 NIV

The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1