Faith Words: New Attitude, New Self

As parents, especially of teenagers, we’ve probably all said at one time or other: “You need an attitude adjustment!” Sometimes I think I can hear the Lord saying the same thing to me.

When I try to adjust my attitude myself, the adjustment doesn’t last.  I might be able to control my outward responses for a while, but deep down the attitude stays the same and resurfaces when it wants.

Please, Lord, change my attitude from the the inside out, so I no longer reflect who I was but so I can reflect who I am in You!

New attitude, new self.

Patrice

Ephesians‬ ‭4:22-24 NIV

You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

‭‭

Comments

Sheree Denny said…
Psalm 103:14 NIV

For he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust.
Shannon Augesen said…
Psalm 145:13 NIV
Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The Lord is trustworthy in all he promises and faithful in all he does.
Tajuana Speir said…
Hebrew 11:1 NIV

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about
what we do not see.
Carol Rea said…
2 Peter 1:4 NIV

Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
Kim OConnor said…
Hebrews 12:15 HCSB

Make sure that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no root of bitterness springs up, causing trouble and defiling many.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1