Faith Words: Living Water

Today is our day to water the yard. There’s this one spot of grass that just doesn’t seem to get enough water. I’m not sure why. It could be the big pecan tree over it drains away all the water we put to it. It could be the heat of the season we’re in. Whatever the cause, that grass dries out quickly. It always needs more.

I’m like that grass. I don’t drink enough from the well of living water. But when I do, I don’t seem to get enough. I’m not sure why. Sometimes the big burdens of life sap it all away from me. Sometimes the season of life I’m in dry it up quickly. I always need more. 

If I neglect the grass and don’t water it, it’ll die. If I neglect my need for the living water, I’ll die, too. Both the grass and myself will flourish when properly and regularly watered. Water is life. 

Thirsty,

Patrice

John 7:38 NIV

Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.

Comments

Sheree Denny said…
Joshua 24:15b NIV

But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.
Carol Rea said…
1st Peter 1:22 NIV

Now that you have purified yourself by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart.
Kim OConnor said…
Hebrews 4:15 NIV

We do not have a High Priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses. but we have one who has been tempted in every way - just as we are - yet He did not sin.
Shannon Augesen said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon Augesen said…
1 Peter 5:19 NIV
So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Questions to Ponder Week #1