Faith Words: Strength

Having been rather sedentary for the last few years, I realize I’m not as strong as I used to be. I’m exercising some, going to water aerobics pretty regularly, but I’m still weaker than I’d like to admit. I could attribute my weakness to age but really I think it’s from inactivity. And if I lapse in my exercise efforts for a little while, it’s like I’m starting from scratch, weak and needing to build my strength back up. Use it or lose it, as the saying goes. 

On my own, I tend to be sedentary spiritually, too. I can pretend I’m spiritually strong but I know I’m really not. I can’t take any steps in life without realizing how weak my spirit is. I need more than I can find in myself. I need God’s strength. 


It takes daily (sometimes more often than that) active participation in God’s plan to take hold of the strength He alone can supply. He wants to be my personal spiritual trainer. He can teach me to: 


Exercise prayer, Bible study, meditation, praise, self-examination. 


Engage in worship, giving (of time and self as well as money), in looking for ways to be light and salt in a dark world. 


Inquire of the Lord for direction and help. 


Then, His strength will be mine. 


Thankfully, He has strength enough for all of us; and when we are strong in Him, we can feel His power at work in us. 


Be strong. 


Patrice


Ephesians 6:10 NIV


Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. 

Comments

Sheree Denny said…
Ephesians 6:10 NIV

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith Words: January 1, 2012 - A New Beginning

Faith Words: Here Again

Faith Words: Together